Saturday, March 22, 2008

SQUARK!


Lectures are fun. Taking notes, for me at least, is a much about doodling as it is writing. I inadvertently spend more time developing new cartoon characters than I do paying attention to the lecturer. Above is one of those characters. I took him from the humble pen drawn pages of my notebook to a fully fledged colour illustration.

I might even use him as background art for some layout in Opus.

I'm still finding problems with my tablet though. It seems to only give smooth lines when I move it swiftly, otherwise it creates a rippled and bumpy line quality. The only problem is, when I move the pen quickly I lose a lot of accuracy and I am unable to meet my desired start and end points.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home